Enjoy classes in Creativebug!
Access information for Creativebug:
- The link below is directly associated with the Sarasota County Public Libraries' subscription with Creativebug, which is included with your library card.
- Please create an account for free Creativebug access or log in using the account you created with your library card.
Patchwork Improv: Working with Strips
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Video duration: 1 hour
- Link to course
- Course description: For textile artist Sherri Lynn Wood, improvisation is a way to make choices in all aspects of daily living, but especially in her patchwork process. In this class, Sherri demonstrates the freedom and excitement of improv patchwork by focusing on string piecing. Working within a "score" or flexible pattern, you’ll learn how to work with surprises, make choices from random selections, celebrate “whoopie” moments, and troubleshoot in the moment. By the end you’ll have a beautiful piece of patchwork that can be further developed into a quilt or used as a decorative piece. Incorporate this technique in your next quilting project.
- This Creativebug course recommends the following materials:
- Fat quarters or quilting cotton fabrics in a range of colors
- Sharp scissors
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Sewing machine with neutral thread
- Tailor’s chalk
- Iron and ironing surface