Enjoy classes in Creativebug!
Access information for Creativebug:
- The link below is directly associated with the Sarasota County Public Libraries' subscription with Creativebug, which is included with your library card.
- Please create an account for free Creativebug access or log in using the account you created with your library card.
Make Art Where You Are: A Daily Practice
- Skill level: Beginner
- Video duration: 5-10 minutes each. 31 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere. Every day in August, a different video will be released in the Chapters section.
- Link to course
- Course description: Artist and author Courtney Cerruti provides an in-depth look into her tool kit for capturing the essence of a place and your personal impressions of everything you see around you. From a five-minute blind contour drawing to mixing a color palette of your surroundings, find opportunities to draw, make marks, and paint while you are on the move or in your own home. Courtney will share her favorite ways to use colored pencil, watercolor, and brush marker pens to create evocative sketches. Even if you only have five minutes, she encourages you to seize the moment for making art every single day.
- This Creativebug course recommends the following materials:
- Mixed media paper
- Ballpoint pen or Micron
- Glue stick or double-sided tape
- Coloring brush pens (Courtney uses Koi)
- Set of 36 colored pencils - Courtney prefers the Prismacolor brand
- Papermate pencil
- Pencil sharpener
- Basic travel watercolor set with a warm and cool version of each of the primaries - Courtney's palette includes: lemon yellow, cadmium yellow, cadmium red, vermillion, ultramarine, phthalo blue, opera rose, phthalo green, sap green, burnt sienna, yellow ochre, sepia, and indigo
- Round watercolor brushes in size 10, 6 and 2 - Courtney prefers Escoda travel brushes, but also loves the Grumbacher GoldenEdge line
- Container for water
- Paper towel or paint rag
- Clip or clothespin to keep your sketchbook open while working
- PDF document on class page