Enjoy classes in Creativebug!
Access information for Creativebug:
- The link below is directly associated with the Sarasota County Public Libraries' subscription with Creativebug, which is included with your library card.
- Please create an account for free Creativebug access or log in using the account you created with your library card.
Hand Sew a Teddy Bear with Kata Golda
- Skill level: Beginner
- Video duration: 39 minutes
- Link to course
- Course description: Alison Kaplan of Kata Golda shares her signature pattern for making a classic teddy bear. This cuddly bear is stitched up entirely by hand using wool felt and a few easy stitches. Alison shows you how to make each stitch, and gives helpful tips for freehand stitching faces and letters.
- Templates are provided to make a bear and a bunny, both of which are sewn exactly the same way.
- Also, you can sew up a little wardrobe for your buddy using the overalls and dress templates.
- Work with wool felt
- Work a Satin stitch, blanket stitch, whipstitch and running stitch
- Add stuffing
- This Creativebug course recommends the following materials:
- 100% Wool Felt - 12” x 11” piece in brown; 12” x 6” piece in off-white; 2” x 3” piece in red; scrap of dark brown
- Stuffing (Polyfil or natural)
- Tracing paper
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Hand sewing needle (size 5 sharps)
- Embroidery floss in brown; light brown; red; and off-white
- Class PDF (on class site)