Enjoy classes in Creativebug!
Access information for Creativebug:
- Please register here through our Creativebug library database for free access. Email address required for registration.
- Already registered with Creativebug? Use the link below to connect directly to the class and log in using your existing account.
Big Stitch Hand Quilting with Tara Faughnan
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Video duration: 1 hour
- Link to course
- Course description: Color fanatics and hand-stitching aficionados will find a lot to love in Tara Faughnan's “Big Stitch” quilting class. Tara shares her techniques for picking harmonious fabric colors to sew a high-contrast bar quilt, then shows how to quilt by hand with a dazzling array of threads. The final product is a richly layered piece that can be used for a mini-quilt or pillow top – or you can go big and apply this technique to a full-size quilt. The process is playful and inspiring, suitable for both first-time quilters and more advanced stitchers.
- This Creativebug course recommends the following materials:
- Cotton quilting fabric - scraps in 10-25 solid colors
- 24" x 24" piece of backing fabric
- 24" x 24" piece of batting
- Rotary cutter
- Marking pencils
- Seam ripper
- Assortment of threads
- Assortment of hand-sewing needles
- Small sharp scissors
- Needle threader (optional)
- Clear gridded quilting rulers (one big, one small)
- Cutting mat
- Hot iron and ironing board
- Sewing machine
- Artist's tape, painter's tape or masking tape.
- Finished size: 20" x 20" for mini-quilt.