Enjoy classes in Creativebug!
Access information for Creativebug:
- The link below is directly associated with the Sarasota County Public Libraries' subscription with Creativebug, which is included with your library card.
- Please create an account for free Creativebug access or log in using the account you created with your library card.
Gelli Plate Printing
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Video duration: 1 hour
- Link to course
- Course description: For textile artist Sherri Lynn Wood, improvisation is a way to make choices in all aspects of daily living, but especially in her patchwork process. In this class, Sherri demonstrates the freedom and excitement of improv patchwork by focusing on string piecing. Working within a "score" or flexible pattern, you’ll learn how to work with surprises, make choices from random selections, celebrate “whoopie” moments, and troubleshoot in the moment. By the end you’ll have a beautiful piece of patchwork that can be further developed into a quilt or used as a decorative piece. Incorporate this technique in your next quilting project.
- This Creativebug course recommends the following materials:
- Gelli Arts gel printing plate
- Acrylic paint including Folk Art Color Shift paint and Fabric Creations for printing on fabric,
- Alcohol inks and india inks
- Deli paper (optional)
- Copy paper
- Washed muslin fabric
- Spray bottle and/or baby wipes for cleaning
- Various materials for printing including yarn, feathers, cut paper, botanicals, packaging, etc.
For image transfers:
- Golden brand fluid acrylic ink
- Folk Art paint in white
- Current issues of Vogue and Elle magazines
- Heat gun