Enjoy classes in Creativebug!
Access information for Creativebug:
- Please register here through our Creativebug library database for free access. Email address required for registration.
- Already registered with Creativebug? Use the link below to connect directly to the class and log in using your existing account.
Turkish Flat Weave Bracelet with Alix Bluh
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Video duration: 23 minutes
- Link to course
- Course description: Jewelry designer Alix Bluh shows you how to crochet with beads using an easy stitch. The result is a subtly bejeweled, bohemian bracelet that can be adapted depending on what kind of cord and beads you use. It lays flat and looks even better with a couple variations stacked on your wrist. Alix talks through the different options, as well as two different kinds of closures: a toggle or a vintage button.
Note: In this class, Alix uses an unconventional crocheted chain stitch to create the foundation chain for her jewelry. While this nontraditional stitch works fine for this class, new crocheters may be interested in learning how to work a traditional chain stitch. Watch Edie Eckman's class on this topic here.
- This Creativebug course recommends the following materials:
- Nylon cord, embroidery floss or silk thread
- beads (with a wide enough opening to slide the cord through it)
- 1.75mm crochet hook
- Hypo cement
- Super Glue
- tapestry or embroidery needle
- vintage button or toggle
- Class PDF (on the course site)